Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sriracha and Eucalyptus Honey Glazed Tofu


So I'm back in my tiny Manhattan Beach kitchen after finishing my seventeen day house/pet-sitting stint in Redondo Beach. In all honestly, I missed this place. I missed my bed, my couch, but most importantly my kitchen, just something comforting about being back in a familiar space. After the trip to the honey farm I've been pinning as many honey recipes that I can find. I'm obsessed. Of course I had to do a sriracha glaze since I'm more than obsessed with the hot sauce (see Halloween photos 2011) and I served over a cup of cooked quinoa.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 block extra firm tofu
  • 3 T sriracha
  • 3 T organic eucalyptus honey
  • 1 T soy sauce
  • 1 T oyster sauce
  • 2 t minced garlic
  • 2 t sesame oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

I love my asian market that is in Lawndale, where I got all the sauces!
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.

2. Cut open and drain tofu, cut into desired size. I usually do 3 strips about 1cm thick. Place under paper towel to remove excess water.

3. In a bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients except the sesame seeds. Mix until it's combined well and the oil is not separating.


4. In a small dish, cover the tofu with the marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. To be honest, the longer you marinate the better.


5. On a tin-foil lined baking sheet. Place tofu on and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, flip the tofu, sprinkle with more toasted sesame seeds and bake for an additional 15 minutes.


6. Cut tofu into bite size pieces.


6. Toss tofu with the quinoa. Cook the quinoa in the same fashion as the Lemon Basil Tofu with Quinoa.


The combination of the garlicy-hotness of the sriracha and the delicious flavor of the honey that's been slightly caramelized from baking is just amazing. I wish I had doubled the recipe because I wolfed this down in seconds flat. This was so easy to make and I kind of tweaked the marinade to include sauces that I own and love, like the oyster sauce and sesame oil. Overall - this was a home run for a welcome home meal.

Cheers,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...