Sunday, August 25, 2013

Wine Country and a Theme Park

95° and SUNNY in beautiful Temecula, CA

So for the past two years I've planned our team "bonding" outing. Last year we went glamping and vineyard hopping in the gorgeous Santa Barbara and this year we rented an estate in Temecula wine country right on the vineyard at Keyways Vineyard and Winery. Since I planned it (along with my partner Annalise) we got to head to the house mid-day on Wednesday before the rest of the team arrived early Thursday morning and enjoy the sun, pool, and house all to ourselves. It was quite lovely.

Grapes on the vine, right outside our door

The house was stunning. Had seven bedrooms, a huge chef's kitchen, pool table, grill, and the most perfect temperature pool and spa ever. I had to snap a few pics of the house prior to everybody coming to destroy it.


hotdog legs!! 

We went to Costco to pick up a few "supplies" for the next day. Let's just say that I can comfortably say that three people + a grand of booze and food can fit into my little Nissan Versa.

Costco run! Added 3 more cases of beer and 10 bottles of wine

I'm sadly going to use the old adage "what happens in Temecula, stays in Temecula" and I didn't really take any pictures of our team outing. Let's just say that everybody had a really, really, really, good time!

As everybody filtered out of the house by noon on Friday. Annalise and I stuck around until 1:00pm for checkout, which then turned into an impromptu wine tasting down in their tasting room. 

More wine please!

As we hit the road, we really had nothing to head back to LA for. Annalise convinced me that driving to another vineyard would be fun (I think my hangover made me hesitant, but then I was like, eff it, it's Friday and gorgeous let's do it!) which then turned into us hitting the highway to head to Knott's Berry Farm for a day of roller coasters, drinking beers, and screaming our heads off until we lost our voice. I can vouch for myself, I lost my voice.

First time at the park!

We popped into the saloon to grab a drink and sadly charging our phones. I met this very nice prostitute who let me sit on her lap.



We hit all the major roller coasters. Boomerang was great because you go upsidedown six times in under a minute and Ghost Rider is cool because it's this old wooden roller coaster that has a ton of character, whips you around over and over again. Silver Bullet was also a great one. And we capped off the night on Jaguar and and Supreme Scream. 

Boomerang 
Calico Saloon floor show 

Supreme Scream

By the time we got back to Los Angeles I was close to dead, barely breathing. I got back to my apartment, crawled into bed, and lights out around 9:30pm. Definitely wanted to be well rested for Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival the following night.

Cheers,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...