Monday, May 20, 2013

Pride!

Long Beach Pride
Oh Pride, how I love thee...

As an open (and pretty vocal) supporter of all things human rights, this weekend was perfect to kick-off a month long celebration that is Pride! I've been known to love a good party, and let's be real, the gays know how to party the hardest... my kind of people is what I'm thinking!

The weather was perfect - let's say 75 and sunny and the drive to Long Beach was a breeze. The only downside was that Peanut Butter was not on repeat the entire drive. Lesson learned for Los Angeles Pride on June 8-9.

Blah blah blah, we parked, downed a bottle of shitty, cheap champagne, and headed to the entrance (and closest beer tent) to get the festivities underway.

Well - it was pretty much everything you could expect. Hot, shirtless men, roaming around in the hot sun, beer and liquor tents every 100 feet, huge dance parties complete with sexy Latino go-go dancers. Let's just call it heaven on earth.

mmmPapi
Beverage break!
Amy, Sean, and I having a ~good~ time
You know you had a good Pride when you pass out at 10:00pm and empty your purse at work the next day and it's filled with lube and condoms. It's like Mardi Gras, and I didn't even have to show my boobs! Win/Win!

Until next time,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...