Friday, May 10, 2013

Mercado

My lovely cousin Quinn was in LA for a week - so Amy and I snuck away from the office at a decent hour to grab a delicious meal with her. After sourcing restaurant ideas around the office, we ended up at Mercado in Santa Monica.

Our waiter, Adam, gave us excellent recommendations off the menu and overall the meal was delicious. I think I'm falling in love with the small plates concept and LA seems to be the capital of small plates. You really cannot go wrong when you get to try a sampling of a menu and share it with friends, while trying not to break the bank.

Alright - onto the food!

Rajas Poblanas
Poblano strips, sweet corn, spicy queso anejo, corn tortilla 
Carnitas tacos
Tamales
Fresh masa, pork and queso filling, crema
The steak special
Ribeye, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, horseradish sauce
Squash blossom special
The highlight of the meal was hands down the steak special. It was melt-in-your-mouth, perfect medium rare. You could even overhear me saying "If I'm ever on death row, please remind me of this steak so that it can be my last meal. It's that good."

Definitely want to come back so I can sample some of their many tequilas. Plus the menu is always changing since they use seasonal fruits and vegetables from the Santa Monica Farmer's Market.

Until next time.

Cheers,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...