Saturday, November 23, 2013

Vegan Leek & Parsnip Soup


It's starting to get quite cold in Manhattan Beach - like low 50s! So with the chilly weather, my love for soup, leftovers from my Farm Fresh box, and having a friend over I figured this low in ingredients soup would be a quick dish to satisfy all. I think my blender is also stoked at all the use it's been getting lately too.

Ingredients:
  • 4 organic leeks
  • 2 parsnips
  • 1/4 c white wine
  • 6 c vegetable stock
  • 3 springs of fresh thyme
  • 2 bay leafs
  • 1 T olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • radish for garnish

1. Peel and dice parsnips into equal size pieces.


2. Dice the white and light green part of the leeks. Discard the dark green portion or save it for something else.


3. In a soup pot, add olive oil and leeks. Cook until the leeks become tender - around five minutes.


4. Add parsnips and incorporate with the leeks for about two minutes.


5. Pull about three sprigs of thyme and remove from stem.


6. Into the pot add thyme, bay leafs, salt, pepper, and white wine. Cook until most of the wine evaporates.


7. Add 6 cups of vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and put the lid on top. Cook until parsnips are soft to a fork. 15-20 minutes depending on how thick they were cut.


8. Once the parsnips are soft, add the contents in equal batches to the blender and blend until smooth. Remember to remove the bay leaf before you blend!


9. Serve with fresh thyme and thinly sliced radish for garnish.


I'll keep it short. And to the point. Creamy with no dairy. Full of flavor from the vegetables alone. Warm and comforting for the crisp November temperature and perfect to share between friends (and some leftovers for tomorrow!!)

Soup for life,

Kate

1 comment:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Parkinson , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered parkinson and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony of so many people who was cured from parkinson, and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to parkinson I never imagined parkinson has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. parkinson has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...