Friday, September 6, 2013

Hudson House


What's better than a beer with good friends? Not much if you ask me! We picked our friend James up at LAX and went straight to Hudson House in Redondo Beach. I'm pretty sure my new obsession with Redondo came from house sitting over there and realizing that I'm only 4 miles away from all of these great restaurants and I shouldn't be limiting myself to my immediate area.

Hudson House is one of two restaurants owned by Brooke Williamson, the other being The Tripel in Playa Del Rey that has one of the best hamburgers I've ever had and this octopus salad that I dream about. Naturally, I've been wanting to go here for a while.

When we got to there, we were still in the 'Happiest Hour' menu where $2 beers are more than welcome, but their $4 cocktails are definitely not a bad deal either. We also ordered two sides off the happy hour menu as well. 

Kale grit fritters with parmesan and sweet pickle tartar sauce
Toasted edamame and shishito peppers with soy and honey

I had to warn James that I'm one of those "don't touch until I take a picture" people now and he reluctantly let me snap a photo of his food before he ate. I also realized that I'll stick my fork in your food. That is a terrible habit. Going to try and make an active change on that, but come on... that mac and cheese just looked sooooo good!

Mac & goat cheese with mushrooms and peas 
Pulled pork pretzel croissant sandwich with pickled vegetables
Chicken meatball sandwich

We let our bellies rest for about a half a second before we had to order warm black cocoa sponge cake. It was the perfect (pun intended) icing on the cake for an overall pretty delicious pub/bar food experience. With three spoons, this lasted about 10 seconds on the table.

Warm black cocoa sponge cake

The ambiance at Hudson House is really great for LA. The space is super cool with a bar area that takes up majority  of the back wall. The walls are exposed brick and the metal high tops and bar top make for a really cool modern feel. While natural light fills most of the bar, the light tea lights bring the place from mid-afternoon to nighttime dining pretty seamlessly. Plus - you cannot beat the happy hour menu and prices. I can tell why it was jammed packed by 6:30pm and needs to be open until 1:00am.

Happy weekend!

Cheers,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...