Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Dog Days of Summer

As of late - I've really only dedicated my time to posting about the delicious food that I've been making. But that doesn't mean that I haven't been out and about trolling the city of Los Angeles these past couple of weeks - I mean, isn't that what summer is all about?!

Here's a quick snap shot of all the running around I've been doing.

Went on a Murder Mystery Cruise with The Dinner Detective. My girl, Whit drove in from Vegas and we had a murderous time on the Grand Romance Riverboat. The show was fun, hilarious, and always a good time when you've got a bartender that remembers your drink order after one.

Gorgeous early evening in Long Beach
Our detectives!
Watched the LA Galaxy play the Toronto FC in a somewhat of a "boring" game. Not because of the lack of goals (there were goals) but because the Galaxy were missing some of their best players. Landon Donovan, Robbie Keane, and my boo Robbie Rogers we're all not there. Slight highlight - David Beckham was at the game and the camera put him on the jumbo screen a few times.


Our newly engaged friend Rachel was in town on a mini cross-county trip. We went and had a great brunch at Huckleberry in Santa Monica. I wanted to eat one of each pastry, but since that would be a little obscene, I opted for just a photo for my memory. We had a great time for the couple of days she was here. Unfortunately, I was a slave to my job and came home past midnight... twice.

nom nom nom

Amy and I went to a Kettle Brand Cook-off put on by Snooth. The event was at The Grove and they rented out this cute bar space. Hor d'oeurves came out and all of them used a flavor of Kettle Brand to create their dishes. Of the 8 plates that came out, four were from "Pros" and four were from "Joes". Also love events where it's open bar (let's be honest, that's all media events though) but it's also great to support the brands we work on. #dlife


Kettle Brand hor d'oeuvres

Celebrated one of my best friend's birthday in the trashiest way possible - a trailer trash party. Nothing like fireballs out of little plastic "wine glasses". That may or may not be my beer helmet in the front of the frame.



Went sailing on a Friday night with some friends out on the Marina. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we snacked on cheese and fruit and drank copious amounts of champagne. By the time we docked, the sun was creating the most gorgeous orange and pink sky. A special reminder on how gorgeous LA can be.



 Saw the legend - Al Pacino - give a showing of his docu-drama Wilde Salome followed by a showing of his film Salome at the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica. To be honest, I have never seen an Al Pacino movie, but his Q&A revealed he's humbled by his career and has amazing stories to tell. I love doing things like this. Pretty once in a lifetime.


My softball season is coming to a close shortly. We're heading into the playoffs next week. We finally got around to snapping a somewhat janky photo of us ruffians, but we had just come off of a thrilling ending of a game (even though we lost) and wanted to remember it. I love these guys.


 To cap it off for the beginning of August - went to the Teen Choice Awards at the Gibson Amphitheater at Universal Studios. This is my second year going but last year the venue would hit a decible level so high at any mention or visual of Justin Beiber... this year it was for One Direction who opened the show. Some other highlights: Rebel Wilson referring to her butthole as "one direction", Lea Michelle giving an emotional speech about Cory Montieth, Demi Lovato's performance was pretty rad, and Miley Cyrus legit not giving an f.

The boys of 1D


Tomorrow I'm cooking a vegan lunch for some of my work buddies. Looking forward to slaving away all night in the kitchen.

Cheers,

Kate

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely summer!! Glad I have been apart of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...