Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sloopy's Beach Cafe

For as long as I have lived in Manhattan Beach, I've probably walked by Sloopy's Beach Cafe at least two dozen times, if not more. I've always been intrigued by the amount of flora that have infiltrated the exterior and interior of this cafe and finally decided to swing in for a quick breakfast. 

Each table is made from tree trunks that have been polished into table tops. I love that they kept the integrity of the shape as our small table top was uneven, yet beautiful. Also, all over the walls are pillars are gorgeous greenery and in the middle there is a huge fireplace! I felt like I was eating in some tropical rainforest and half expecting toucans or a monkey to be wandering around trying to steal my fruit.






Sloopy's is more than just breakfast, so we had to sneak in before 11:30am to get our order in. There's a slight back story to my order, but to make it quick, about five years ago I had an awful experience with huevos rancheros at a b&b in Boston and could not get past it. However, today I decided to put the past behind me and give this egg dish one more try.


When the plate came out, it was gorgeous! I almost didn't want to touch it but then I remember that I take photos of everything I eat and had nothing to worry about. I loved the original ranchero sauce that Sloopy's makes and I like that it tasted like a sauce that I've never had before, which makes it special. I'm happy that diving head first back into the world huevos rancheros was a successful one!


Amy ordred their breakfast burrito that was filled with eggs, bacon, hash browns, cheese, and pico de gallo. I love when burritos come with little extras, like green salsa and a spinach tortilla.

I'm pretty satisfied with my first visit to Sloopy's. It's gorgeous on the inside, the food is fresh and they take familiar brunch "classics" and add their own spin to them - giving them something a bit extra that is worth passing along to others when asking for recommendations. 

I'm worried I'm going to need a brunchervention soon...

Cheers,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...